- Brand New
- Only one available
*overstock/ damaged box item straight from major retailers
*item does NOT have any damage or imperfections
- From our earliest history, Americans have had an uneasy affection for our outlaws, especially those from the romantic period of the Old West.
- Whether it is the fearlessness and freedom they represent or some other psychological need, we often overlook the misdeeds of these people in our fascination with them.
- This book is about their photographs. Some of the mythology is perpetuated in the captions and some new truths put forth as well.
- Viewing these photographs allows us to look these fellows in the eye and assess their character–something we probably wouldn’t have been allowed to do in real life and live to tell about it.
- Historic Photos of Outlaws of the Old West includes nearly 200 photographs, reproduced in vivid black-and-white, with captions and introductions by writer and historian Larry Johnson.
- Here are the most legendary outlaws and many of the less infamous characters whose lives found a place in the story of the American West.